Thanksgiving is fast approaching, and many of our readers have some serious kitchen-time ahead of them. With that in mind, AuthorHouse presents some tips for self-publishing cookbooks!
- Pick a unique angle. What niche would you like to focus on? Whether it’s a particular culture, ingredient, or diet plan, try to find a focus that will make your book stand out.
- Provide background. Tell the reader a little about the dishes in your book. Just as a bit of history adds flavor to a location, it also adds flavor (pun intended) to your cookbook!
- Try blogging. A blog is a great way to refine your writing while getting valuable feedback from readers. Are your instructions easy to follow? Were illustrations effective? Most importantly, are the dishes tasty?
- Illustrations! In cookbooks, pictures are almost a requirement—not just to make your book more attractive (and mouth-watering), but to show readers what a properly-prepared dish should look like.
- Know what’s out there already. Spend some time online and at book-and-mortar bookstores. What’s already available? What isn’t? Flip through a few recipes; why are some explanations easy to follow but others aren’t? What book covers caught your eye, and why?
AuthorHouse hopes you’ve enjoyed this, and wishes you and your families a great Thanksgiving!